Home Baked Cheesy Bread
I sometimes wondered who was the first to think of eating bread and cheese together. The combination is like yin and yang- you can’t go on without the other. And it’s such a wonder that no matter what kind of cheese or bread you have, they still taste like heaven.
This delicious dish is easy to prepare and great to serve a large number of people - or really, just yourself!
- 1 baguette
- 1 block mozzarella cheese
- 1 block cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Prepare the garlic and parsley.
2. Cut the cheese into about 2cm thick slices. It’s best to keep them into a longer rectangular shape.
3. Cut the bread as well. Start slicing the baguette from one end- slicing in a diagonal fashion. Slice about 2/3 downwards leaving some bread attached on the bottom. MAKE SURE that you don’t slice all the way otherwise it won’t work!
4. Now mix together the chopped olives and minced garlic. Stuff the mixture into the gaps in the baguette you just made. Spread well throughout the gaps.
5. Then add the cheese slices into the gaps. Allow about 3-5 cm of cheese to stick out so that it’ll melt atop of the bread.
6. Add a few drops of olive oil on the bread. Then place in the oven for 15 minutes at 240’C.
7. Optional: prepare the balsamic and olive oil mixture by mixing in a bowl. Dip the bread in for some more flavors!